|7 songs(I tag..)
||[Sep. 4th, 2007|10:34 pm]
List seven songs you are into right now and why. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your summer. Post these instructions in your LJ along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening to.|
1. All Good Things(Come to an end)-Nelly furtado.
I wasn't really into her recent album til Say it right and this song. This song is my favorite. It makes me sad and happy at the same time. She really can sing, and the lyrics pretty much sum up a few things in my life, and I don't necessarily mean relating to me. I think of a few people close to me when I hear this song.
2. Here today Gone Tomorrow-The Ramones/Lisa Marie Presley. I like both versions of this song. Initially Lisa was just supposed to have on remake or cover song, and that was Dirty Laundry which was originally done by Don Henley. I never heard the original version by The Ramone's til after I heard hers. Johnny Ramone was one of her best friends. The story goes that he asked her to do this song on a Ramone's tribute album, but at the time she couldn't do it. She promised him she'd put it on her second album called Now What. He wanted to play the guitar on it. The day they laid the basic track down Johnny passed away. Lisa continued recording the song with Steve Jones from the sex pistols on guitar. She put it as a bonus track and dedicated it to Johnny and the Ramone's in her liner notes. I don't even associate the song with what it's actually about now. Since I heard the original after her's I can only associate both versions with Johnny and Lisa's friendship. So whenever I hear either version I get all "sad". The song itself is a break up song.
3. Teenagers-My Chemical Romance. Not sure but this song Is insanely catchy. The first My Chemical Romance song I ever loved. It has a good message too. sure the Teenagers don't bully songs have been done, but something about this song sticks out.
4. What I've done-Linkin Park. I usually hate Linkin Park but I love this song. Why? because I associate it with The Transformers haha. I am such a dork. I loved that movie and it IS a good song.
5. Idiot-Lisa Marie Presley. Oh I've restorted to listening to LMP again. I mean 30STM got old lately and so I went back to my other "obsession" in music. This song IS the greatest ever. The lyrics are brilliant and I dedicate it to all my exes.
6. She's in Love with the boy-Trisha Yearwood. I found this song again recently. It's on my myspace. It's one of the first songs that got me liking country. I used to hate country with a passion, but my sisters would always play it and I couldn't help but let it grow on me. Trisha Yearwood all three of my sisters loved. Her older songs such as She's in love with the boy ,and walk away Joe. Lately I've been thinking a lot of my sisters. This song makes me think of them. I will forevermore love Trisha Yearwood because I associate it with her songs with my three best friends. Her older songs that is.
7. Low is a height-Great Northern. I have no clue what it is about this song. It's just really amazing. Not sure what Low is a height means, but the song writing is brilliant. The vocals and instrumentation is stunning. It makes me want to go dancing under trees, or the stars. It's slow yet sexy.
I tag Tequiladaniels, giventofly23, Comme un fleur, Hugwhore428, him lover yt, megandjim, Tinagravelson.